Mosques of Amasia;
It is in Fethiye quarter. Originally a church and converted into a mosque into 1116 by Danıshmend Fetih Gazi , Fethiye Mosque was restored at numerous times. A minaret was added in 1883 via (İncezade) Hadji Mehmet Arif also was restored single time again after the earthquake in 1939.
It is into Dere quarter. Erected by Vizier Ferruh also his brother Haznedar Yusuf intended Seljuk Sultan II. Gıyasettin Keyhüsrev midway 1237-1247, the mosque was damaged via an earthquake in 1590 moreover by a blaze into 1602. Later, it was restored. Originally created of wood, the minaret was rebuilt with its new spriral decoration.
The mosque which has a wooden minbar with inscriptions is identified as the Court Mosque.
Contradictory Pirler Park in Sofular quarter, it was built by Yakup Pasha in 1413. As a Halvet Tekke, it is composed of a masjid (a little mosque), a tomb and suffering cells.
It is in Gümüşlü quarter. Gümüşzade Taceddin Mahmut Çelebi possessed it built in 1326. It has a quadrangular pattern moreover covered inclusive of a wooden dome.
Beyazid Pasha Mosque
To the polar-east of Kunç Bridge, the mosque was erected by Amasya Governer Beyazid Pasha in 1414.
It has a reverse T shape. It owes its attraction to the geometrical patterns active the marbles surrounding the prayer hall.
Yörgüç Pasha Mosque
Built via Atabey Abdullah Oğlu Yörgüç Pasha, single of the viziers of Sultan II. Murat in 1428, the mosque have a reverse T shape and hewn stoned walls. Red moreover white marbles active the arches of the door offer a unique beauty to the construction.
II. Bayezid Külliyesi
It was constructed via Amasya Governer Shahzadah Ahmet, the son of Sultan II. Beyazid, the külliye originally had a mosque, medrese, imaret(Ottoman kitchen), tomb, a fountain intended ablutions moreover another fountain intended liquid. It is an developed instance of the mosques built into the final quarter of the 15th century. To the north of the structure is a prayer hall, entered through a five bay portico also it is a rectangular hall roofed inclusive of two domes, one in façade of the different as well as three halls.
Mihrab, minbar and the crown entrance are plain and made of snowy marbles elaborately. Splendid crown door, inscriptions, moldings also pillars are elegant also painstaking. Similarly, wooden window wings are the finest examples of kündekârî method of the 15th century.
To the north of the mosque is a medrese consisting of eighteen rooms inclusive of U shaped courtyard.
It is used as Provincal Public Library, now.
To the east of the mosque is an L-shaped imaret. It is currently used as a kitchen intended persons into need by Social assist also sustain Foundation of Amasya Province.
Sycamores at the same level as the two minarets are supposed to be the same age as the Külliye.
Mehmet Paşa Mosque
It is on Pirinçci boulevard also constructed by Hızır Pasha Oglu Mehmet Pasha, the vizier of Sultan II. Beyazid in 1485.
The mosque have a plain architecture, but it is single of the outstanding examples of artistically ornamented marble carving. The contemporary entrance wings of the mosque are displayed in Amasya Museum.
Şamlar Mosque (Ayas Aga)
It was constructed via Ayas Aga, Kapı Agası of Sultan II. Beyazid in 1495, the mosque have a quadrangular shape moreover one dome. The walls are made of unhewn pebble. The courtyard is surrounded via medrese rooms on three sides.
It was built by Bülbül Hatun, the mother of Shahzadah Ahmet and Sultan II. Beyazid’s wife into 1510.
Şirvanlı (Azeriler) Mosque
The building of the mosque started in 1876 via donations collected by Karadaglı Sheikh Hadji Mahmut Efendi in Şirvan , Azerbaijan also done in 1895. square-shaped mosque have a prayer hall with four pillars also three arches. To the east of the mosque is a quadrangular-shaped tomb, smaller than the mosque although nearer. In the tomb rests Hazma Nigari Medfun.
Kara Mustafa Pasha Mosque
Built in 1666, the mosque is into Gazi Mahbup quarter of Merzifon. The rectangular prayer hall is composed of two parts. The foremost component inclusive of single dome is erected on three arches also two props with the polar partition having been put a small rear, the place is created larger. The middle fragment between the props into the form of a large fifty percent-domed ‘niş’ and the sides every roofed inclusive of a little dome are attached to the foremost prayer hall. The height of the niş is higher than the part ones moreover that saves the inside from being monotonous. The outlet of the big dome active the foremost prayer hall is assisted via bend pillars.The outer walls are created of hewn stone. The prayer hall is covered with a large dome. The corners of octagonal dome frame are supported by octagonal mass towers, thereby getting an aesthetic chord.
The ornaments of the ablutions fountain was previously created via Zileli Emin in 1900 also aged Istanbul was defined through them.